Gestalt Principles

This assignment proved to be the most challenging of the projects so far, in my opinion. Because I mainly work with photography, I had to challenge myself to manipulate the image I took in order to really embody the Gestalt principles. I tried to focus on the Lupton Philips quote that reads "designers crop, overlap, and fragment images to create dynamic forms that exploit the brain's powerful ability to fill in missing information." I first edited the self-portrait I took to isolate solely the form of my head, upper body and trombone. This created an abundance of negative space in the image that allowed the text to capture more of the viewer's focus. I chose to create a concert poster because musicians like myself haven't been able to play shows for live audiences in months. Sharing music with others is a large part of identity, and I wanted to tap into that facet of my life through this project.


Instagram link: https://www.instagram.com/bennetts_artjournal/






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Point, Line, Plane

Colors of College Ave

Modularity and Pattern