Modularity and Pattern


A bike ride on Election Day led me around the northern fringe of Appleton, on an unseasonably warm and strange day. It was much quieter than the tense media coverage would suggest, and I found myself drawn to the uniform and bland suburban landscape with its miles and miles of identical houses. One row in particular stood out as an example of modularity and pattern. Being on the bike path allowed me to capture the houses from behind a hill, removed from the context of a street with driveways and cars. This further emphasized the repetitive pattern of the design. I also edited the photo to give it a more vibrant, retro look.

Instagram link: https://instagram.com/bennetts_artjournal?igshid=11l8ifs5x8ud7




Comments

  1. I definitely think this a good, non obvious example of modularity in our everyday world world. We see cookie cutter houses all the time and I don't think we instinctively connect them to modular theories in art. Also, nice picture, I enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Point, Line, Plane

Colors of College Ave