Final Reflection

 Although the asynchronous format of the class and my own procrastination were challenging this term, I enjoyed the opportunity to dive back into my artistic side and work to develop my own eye and sense of style. I mainly stuck to photography for the assignments, and began by photographing scenes the way I was used to seeing them. As you can see in one of my first photographs for the class, I focused on composing a landscape but didn't necessarily hone in on a particular design element.



It took a while for me to start capturing design in a more specific sense, and often meant getting closer to my subject. Sometimes, finding a particular design element to capture or create was difficult, but provided a good limitation that expanded creativity and pushed me to think outside the box. The work sometimes felt like just an exercise, but throughout the course of this term I noticed a greater depth to my images and an expansion of my sense of composition and design. 


Sharing the images to an Instagram account allowed me to build up a virtual gallery that I hope to continue after this term. I didn't take full advantage of the promotional power of social media, and I mostly used the Instagram page to curate instead of broadcast. The blog aspect of the class was more rewarding, and it was fun to see each class member's take on the different themes.

The colors assignment proved to be my favorite project of the term, as I was able to create a set of images that feel cohesive together, especially as a row of 3 on the Instagram grid layout. Focusing on capturing color created greater artistic unity than I might normally have included in my work.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Point, Line, Plane

Colors of College Ave

Modularity and Pattern